Welcome to a new edition of iPad Apps of the Week. Each week, I want to feature those apps that are 1) new this week (or at least new to me), or 2) updated with new features in the past 7 days. I haven't tried the new apps, so my mentioning them here is not a recommendation or endorsement - they are simply apps that might be useful to lawyers in their practices. Here we go:
Cloud Outliner - "Cloud Outliner for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad is designed to create, organize, and share your ideas, thoughts, and tasks. This full-featured editor lets you create the outline with simple drag and drop actions. Just change the outline and it will be synced with the outline in your Evernote account. With iCloud integration, the app keeps outlines up to date across all your iDevices."
iTranslate Voice - "Instantly speak another language, voice to voice. Can you imagine talking into your phone in one language and immediately hearing yourself in another language? That’s exactly what iTranslate Voice does. Just speak into your phone and it immediately speaks back to you in one of our 31 languages."
- Supports syncing of bookmarks, filters, search engines and settings with iCloud, Dropbox, and Kanbox
- File upload feature works on more pages
- When uploading items to a web page, you can use the iPad's camera to shoot photos for the upload directly within the browser
- 2-finger swipe gestures now available for iOS 5 users
- Improves performance working with folders
- Resolves issues with accented characters in iCloud folder names
- Now (finally!) with iCloud support - to sync your documents between all devices with iCloud
- Tour guide: Explore places you never thought to search for with new tours of your favorite cities, historic landmarks and natural wonders.
- 3D imagery: Take flight above entire cities in 3D. Get started with Los Angeles, Boston, San Francisco, Geneva or Rome and look for new additions in the coming weeks. Available for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 or later.